Lomond Roads Cycling Club Forum Index Lomond Roads Cycling Club
News, Information And Anything Else That Is Relevant

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Membership fees for 2018/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lomond Roads Cycling Club Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephen_pollock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Membership fees for 2018/19 Reply with quote

Evening members,

It’s nice to see everyone engaging with Lindsey offering up support on the 19th of May for the annual Hugh Dornan Memorial Race, this means most of you have survived the Christmas holidays. For those of you I haven’t seen yet Happy New Year and all the best for 2019.

A club committee meeting was held the week before Christmas (19th Dec), the meeting went very well and lots of important topics were discussed, there are still some issues to resolve regarding meeting minuets etc. once resolved, I plan on sending out a club newsletter via. the BC website to provide an update of what’s been happening.

One of the things I want to highlight briefly is the new rules and regulations surrounding general data protection regulation (GDPR). The club is creating a policy inline with the new rules and regs to protect members personal information.

One of the rules of GDPR is that we must destroy personal information of members who are no longer with the club (other than names which may be held for record of achievements, i.e. fastest 10mile TT), due to this rule we are looking to update the membership database to remove inactive members and shred any hardcopies of membership registration forms we have on record.

We currently have personal information for about 50 members but only 25/30 active paying members so there is a bit of work to be done in identifying who wishes to remain a member and removing personal information of those who don’t.

Membership fees for the season 2018/19 were due in the months from Oct – Dec last year, however some members still haven’t got in touch to advise their intention to stay with the club.

If you haven’t paid or spoken to anyone directly, can you please either 1) Get in touch to advise of your intention to stay with the club or 2) Make payment no later than the 31st Jan 2019.

If the club don’t hear from you or receive payment by the 31st of Jan 2019 there will be an assumption that you have left the club and membership details will be destroyed, unfortunately the club doesn’t have the resource available to go around asking people individually.

Preferred payment is through the BC website:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/397/lomond-roads-cc

Or in cash to any committee members – Me, Gordon Dick, Richard Burchmore, David Morris, Steven Jolly, Chris Brown.

For those of you who have paid/spoken with the club thank you kindly, please ignore this reminder.

My apologies for sending out a crude reminder, it isn’t a great task, but someone must do it. Hopefully everyone can understand the seriousness of complying with the GDPR rules.

Many thanks,
Stephen
ste.maxwell@outlook.com

NOTE: There is currently an issue with the Club Membership page on the BC website, this should be resolved tomorrow (8th Dec), I will post a note once resolved and the link is working again.
stephen_pollock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased to announce the membership database is now current and payments from members for the season ahead have been received. We currently have 41 active and paying members.

When I volunteered to take on this role I under estimated how challenging something so simple could be, your engagement made it much easier, thank you. Next year should be a tap in.

David Morris and I have been talking about having a pie (Steak, Mince etc.) night at the club for the past few weeks, I intend to do this next week as a token of my appreciation. Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lomond Roads Cycling Club Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: